Thursday, March 17, 2011

Crunch Time!

It is mid March, which means I need to hand in my Portfolio to the animation program in about two weeks!! 

That means that all the things I have been putting off drawing (like hands, feet, buildings and real life faces) must now be drawn.  Here are some drawings I have been doing, though most of them are just practice for the real drawings I need to do. 








In other news, I just got over being sick and it feels WONDERFUL! 

I pretty much read Winnie the Pooh the whole time I was sick, which is what inspired this silly poem-

sitting
sitting
sitting
waiting

waiting
waiting
waiting
dying

dying 
dying
dying
crying


Crying till I'm bored no more.

Yes I know that one is depressing, but I was soo tired of being sick!

lying here, lying there
sinking in a solid chair
watching, waiting
contemplating
life inside this borish lair.

Even though they are both depressing, they were fun to write. I think at one point I made up a song about Karly (my friend in animation who was with me) preparing to die. She was a little scared, but hey, I enjoyed it!

Do you have any songs or poems you like to sing to yourself, that help you through the day (question mark)
(darn button isnt working again)


4 comments:

  1. Um "Friday" by Rebecca Black helps me get through until the weekend!
    In other news... I LOVE the way you draw!!! I just seriously realized it looking at your pictures! Thank YOU Ramona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! I'm sure you'll have no problem putting together the portfolio!

    I ALSO need (desperately) to work on my portrait drawing... It's something that I'm in serious need of practice of. I can cartoon-ify them okay, but when I shoot for realism in faces it fails pretty badly. Hmmm...

    I think my favorite of your drawings is your cousin there in the middle. That's really well done! How long did it take you? It looks like you did an under-drawing first with shapes, is that right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much (both of you)! The drawing of my cousin took me maybe 15 minutes? not too long. I always draw shapes first, way easier for proportions and such. Sometimes I like to start in a different colour like blue or green and then go over it with darker pencil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH I really like the one of Angela! It looks great. And all the dogs are awesome.

    I LOVE your second poem. I wish I came up with it because it ROCKS. Just saying.

    I hope the portfolio drawing is still going well.

    OMG Josh. rebecca Black, Friday? Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete