Monday, August 22, 2011

buildings.

Have you ever looked at some artists drawings of buildings and been in such awe that you go out and try and draw one, only to realize how hard it really is? 

Well, that is me.  I see these incredible paintings and sketches on blogs, and disney imagineering, and I get this idea that if I have the same style of thinking, that I too, may make such a masterpiece. However, what I fail to realize sometimes, is how much time and practice they have done to be able to make pieces like these. 

I have been practicing lately, and this is the first one I am sort of proud of.  Don't get me started on the others. 


Anyone else have this problem? Or some words of wisdom?

3 comments:

  1. I have never successfully sketched or painted a building. I find that I want to get every detail and I forget that that is not needed. I like your painting. I like the detail of the banister.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup - definitely been there. This looks most excellent tho Ramona - great work! Your watercolor work is really good! Keep it up! : )

    ReplyDelete