Monday, November 15, 2010

Kida

I feel utterly horrible, 
I have not drawn until tonight, 
and it saddens me. 

I am now working three jobs which takes up quite a bit of my time, and I put aside drawing. I miss it terribly. Don't ask me why tonight I started to draw again.  Maybe it was the fact that I saw people from the animation program yesterday, the fact that I feel something missing inside me, the fact that I had the day off, or the fact that I took a "What obscure Disney Princess are you quiz?" and got Kida. 

I guess I thought I'd better draw to get back my sanity, and to finally post something new on my blog.  Because, lets face it, as fun as pictures are, you don't know the people in the pictures with me. So friends, to you, I present, finally, some drawings.

KIDA
(Disney's Atlantis.  A movie that is frequently over looked.)


Now we all know, my true Disney Princess is Ariel, but for an obscure princess, Kida is pretty cool too. 

Secondly, I decided to draw 
JASMINE


This is because I found a really cute picture of her online. I would like to tell you it was because of something meaningful like, I was pondering the good ol' days of teaching last year.. but no. It's just the first one I saw that I liked.

It took me a couple tries to get Kida, cause I was not patient at first.  I just wanted to draw something good. Then, I stopped myself and realized I needed to enjoy it too. That's when the drawing worked out. 

So kids, if you are drawing for the sake of drawing, put the pencil down! Drawing is fun!! We need to be patient with that pencil and let it express our inner most passions, and feelings.

WOW! 
Sorry, I got all freaky on you there. I guess I just really missed drawing. I will work harder, I promise!!

3 comments:

  1. You should get freaky more often. It makes you sound deep. Kida is gorgeous! And so is Jasmine. I want to take the obscure princess quiz. Send me the link on facebook!

    Oh, Atlantis... how I love thee!

    The new background looks great. And I LOVE the new header girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're getting back to the drawing! I stop by daily to see if there's anything new. Love the new Header Image with Mushu. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Daily, thats something! I better keep this drawing thing up haha!

    ReplyDelete