Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Try everything.

I have started to read the Golden Compass and I love it! 
Way better than the movie (which I didn't really like).

In the spirit of drawing characters from books I drew Lyra -


Some mermaids for your enjoyment.  It has been much too long since I have drawn them!



I went to the mall again yesterday and drew some randoms, which is always fun.  
Sometimes though, I cant stay there for long periods of time because its so loud!





Then I decided to go to the library and pick up some books on watercolour.  Drawing environments and nature is not my strongest area so it would scare me to draw it sometimes.  However, yesterday I was determined!

So I drew these -


On this one I used watercolours, ink, pencil and gouche paint.


And last but not least, my fathers day card/picture thing -


Whats something you've always wanted to make but was always scared to, incase it would turn out differently?

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to sew a dress. but I can NEVER follow the patterns. the people at the mall look so sad. I love your second tree...very storybook. Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete